The eAML2 is the electronic version of the pig movement licence (AML2) and has replaced the AML2 paper form since 1 April 2012.
It also combines the AML2 and Food Chain Information (FCI) paper forms that are required when moving pigs to slaughter and thereby saves you time and bureaucracy.
Pig keepers will have had an update on these eAML2 developments including legal changes and timelines in the post in September. A copy of the communication can be viewed when clicking here
What’s in it for me and the pig industry as a whole?
- For the first time the industry will get a realistic herd register to enable better communication and control in the event of disease outbreak
- Save time and work – no need to fill in the same information again and again as the system will pre-populate your basic information automatically
- Save more time during Trading Standards audits – your movements are stored electronically and are all in one place
- Save money: abattoirs don’t need to post any AML2 copies to Trading Standards as they will be uploaded automatically
- Your carcase reports (CCIR) will be emailed to you automatically within 48 hours
What do I need?
This service is free and you don’t need to install any software on your computer.
Producers who have access to a computer and internet can set movements up now using this website.
What if I don't have a computer?
Producers who have no computer and internet access will be able to get their electronic AML2 set up through the eAML2 Bureau Service (operated by MLCSL), the British Pig Association (BPA) and possibly marketing groups. The eAML2 Bureau Service operates Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. The helpline number is 0844 335 8400, call are charged 5 p/min from standard BT phone lines.
The eAML2 is available for Farm to Slaughter, Farm to Farm/Collection Centre/Market and 'other' locations such as vet practices, labs, AI centres or performance locations such as TV studios. The e-process for Show movements has been introduced on 9 January 2012.
Import/export and movements to and from Scotland will become available shortly.
Is my abattoir taking part?
We have trialled the service since autumn 2009 with 14 large specialised abattoirs, since October 2011 all abattoirs are 'eAML2-enabled'. If you are an abattoir and are not yet eAML2 enabled please contact the helpline to register.
Click here to see a list of eAML2 enabled abattoirs.
To register simply click on the 'Producer Registration' link on the home page www.eaml2.org.uk . A user name and password will then be emailed to you and you are ready to go!
eAML2 Helpline: 0844 335 8400, click here to contact us via email or by fax on 0247 669 2405. MLCSL Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2TL
(Monday-Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm, calls charged 5p/min from standard BT phone lines)
User quick start guides for producers/abattoirs/markets and collection centres are available in the Help & User guide section.